Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend was packed with all sorts of excitement! Saturday morning we headed out to Conner's best bud's birthday party at "the bouncy place" in Boaz. Brayson belongs to my childhood friend Kasey and he and Conner are only 5 months apart. Conner was in rare form Saturday morning and it was all I could do to get out the door. We ended up being 30 minutes late, but we still had great fun! Conner and Brayson play so well together...except for the minor mishap that involves a power wheels motorcycle (more on that in a bit). 

After the party we headed to the "Evil Empire" aka: Walmart .. Considering my place of employment, it's sort of frowned upon to visit Walmart. :) We needed necessities: Cleaning supplies, toilet paper, dog food, diapers, soap.... So it was a must for this trip. While we were shopping I decided to let Conner pick out some big boy undies. I've been reading a friend's blog and her son that is just a few weeks older than Conner has been potty training. I asked for some advise and had been meaning to start training Conner but I never found a good weekend to start. I figured a weekend would be best since I would be home with him for two days. Well, I'm pretty sure I picked the wrong weekend. When we got home Conner was so excited to put on his big boy underwear. I made a big deal about using the potty and he was ready to go.... He wanted to sit on the counter while I unloaded the groceries so I put him up there was doing my thing when I heard "UH OH". I turned around and there was a huge puddle on the counter. Conner continued with "I sorry mommy, I no mean to". I set him down, cleaned up the mess and changed his clothes. No more than 10 minutes passed when I heard "UH OH" again. SERIOUSLY!!! This time I made Conner wear his wet pants for a while. After I finished putting away the groceries I changed him again and took him to the potty and explained AGAIN that when he needed to tee tee to tell me and he would go in the big boy potty. All was well for about 30 mintues when he came out of his room with his pants sopping wet! He seriously peed 3 times in about 30 minutes! What the heck... so I was out of big boy undies and pretty ill so I gave up. Which is not a good thing, I know. But I was just done! I went to pull of his pants and underwear when I look down and notice I have a huge pile of poop on my pants. YAY!! Not only had Conner peed, he pooped too.... Guess I should have checked before I slung his pants off. So I had to stick Conner in the tub and change my clothes AND clean the carpet. It was a huge potty training nightmare LOL! I know I need to be consistent, but I just didn't have it in me this weekend. I have decided to wait until after Conner's surgery and he is completely well to try again.

Speaking of surgery... Conner will have his tonsils taken out on the 27th and possibly have tubes put in. EEK! I'm so ready for it to be over with... I know he will feel so much better!

Now, on to Sunday. I woke up with the crud... YUCK! I felt horrible, so we skipped Church with Nana :( and was lazy Sunday morning. Conner had some play time with Lilee and Jackson. (Thank you Lindsee for letting me nap !!!!!!) Conner took a nap after lunch and then we headed to Derek and Mallory's shower. Papa was waiting on us at the church and Conner went home with him. I am pretty sure Conner would live with Mama Jean & Papa Gene if I would let him. :) After the shower we headed over to Kasey's to play with Brayson and his new birthday toys. They had a great time until Conner ran over Brayson with the motorcycle! :( I'm not exactly sure how it happened because they were in the garage at the time. Brayson has a good little scratch under his eye and tire marks down his leg. :( Nice little battle scar there! Sorry B!!! Hopefully we will get to play again at Brayson's house LOL! Thanks Kasey and Brayson for having us!!!

And last, but not least... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my BESTEST FRIEND AMY & to little man BRAYSON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment