Monday, May 9, 2011

Whew...What A Weekend!!

Friday after work I went with one of my besties to Kirkland's to get some new decorations for our living room. I've been wanting to paint for a while now and finally got the motivation. It seems to have hit me all at once because while we were in Kirkland's I decided I wanted it done right then and there. So, on the way home I stopped at Lowe's and bought some paint. We got back about 9:30 and I told Joey "We are painting TONIGHT" !!! :) He was not too happy, but he went along with it and we got started about 10. We painted until the wee hours of the morning and got up at 9:00 Saturday and went at it again. My dad came over and helped with the trim...he was a lifesaver!! Around lunch Jenn came by and helped get my furniture back in order and set out all my new decorations. I forgot to mention we were cooking out THAT NIGHT! Somehow we managed to get everything done!!

Here is a picture of part of the living room. All I have to do is get something to hang my picture and we will be good to go!

Saturday night we had some friends over and we had some YUMMY food. I just have to share this recipe.... of course it is from kraft.com . :) 

Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
1/2 cup  ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese
1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1/8 tsp.  black pepper
2 portobello mushrooms (1-1/4 lb.)
2 Tbsp.  KRAFT Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp.  chopped fresh basil
 
 
HEAT greased grill to medium heat.
COMBINE first 4 ingredients.
USE spoon to remove stems and brown gills from undersides of mushroom caps; discard. Mix dressing and garlic; brush onto both sides of mushroom caps.
GRILL, top-sides up, 5 min.; turn. Top with vegetable mixture; grill 5 min. or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with basil.
Side Note: We grilled these Saturday night and it made a HUGE mess on the grill... (Sorry Babe) We tried again Sunday night and baked them..... just as yummy and not near as messy. :)
Sunday we had decoration and then we ate at my Nana's! It was soo good and as usual I ate too much! We had a great weekend.... it went by WAY to fast! I totally failed on getting any pictures of the little man :( But he has been such a sweet boy and is feeling great since his surgery. He sleeps so QUITE at night, I can't tell when he falls asleep like I could before. We go back to the doctor tomorrow for his check up after surgery.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Stuffed mushrooms - sounds delish!!! Your newly decorated/painted living room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!! I thought of you last night.. for the first time ever I bought fresh cilantro (sad, I know) Anyway, I made a salad and Conner would pick the cilantro out and eat it!! :) BTW... I will definitely be trying out the Mexican Wontons!! YUM

    ReplyDelete