Thursday, May 5, 2011

Me + Cooking... Seriously!

I have never been a great cook and have never had the desire to cook. Recently I have started trying to stay on a budget with grocery shopping. Usually a normal trip the grocery store consists of me going down each aisle and throwing whatever looks good into the cart. By the time I get home I have spent $200+ and have nothing to put together a decent meal. About a month ago I started planning out our meals for the week and making a list. (yes I realize it's sad that it took 7 years of being married to start this) I went to kraft.com to get ideas & recipes and let me tell you.... It was love at first sight! Being a working mom it's hard to find time to make a decent meal each night, especially now with a 2 year old that runs WILD! I have found the easiest recipes at Kraft and I thought I would share one!!

Tuesday night we had Chicken Club Pizza. It took all of 30 minutes and was SO GOOD. Joey loved it!! I had planned on taking the leftovers to work the next day, but we didn't have any left!! :)

What you Need........

1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
1/4 cup  KRAFT Mayo with Olive Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
1/2 cup KRAFT Ranch Dressing, divided
1-1/2 cups  KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a Touch of PHILADELPHIA, divided
1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
8 slices  OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, crumbled
1-1/2 cups finely shredded lettuce
1   tomato, finely chopped
I used Mexican shredded cheese instead of Cheddar and I also used pre-cooked bacon because it's super fast & easy to heat in the microwave.
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
UNROLL pizza dough on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; press into 15x10-inch rectangle. Bake 10 min.
MIX mayo and 1/3 cup dressing; spread onto crust. Top with half the cheese, chicken, remaining cheese and bacon.
BAKE 5 min. or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and tomatoes; drizzle with remaining dressing. 



So far every recipe I've tried has been really good!! I will have to add some more later!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment