Thursday, March 24, 2011

Movin' Right Along

This morning was CRAZY as usual in the Martin House. I was in a major hurry on the way to take Conner to "school" and I'm pretty sure I hit every red light in my path. Which is usually the way it goes ! Let me back up to yesterday afternoon.

The beautiful weather we have had lately has spoiled a certain little boy! When we got home yesterday afternoon he was not a happy camper to stay inside. It wasn't really raining hard, but it was a good drizzle and cooler than it has been. After the temper tantrum of "I want to ride daddy work car" (aka-dodge charger police power wheels) and a firm talking to with the outcome of time-out, Conner finally settled on watching Diego and playing with his hot wheels. I called Joey around 7 ... night shift stinks... and talked him into meeting us for dinner. Joey's Captain joined us and Conner found an instant buddy. He had to sit by Chad while we were eating and talked the poor guy's ear off. They discussed the "choo choos" and riding Poppy's "horsey". Conner told him about Lilee and Jackson and how they were home in bed. ( I told Conner that to coax him in the house when we got home) When we left Conner yelled "bye Captain" and gave him a big hug. It was love at first sight! :)

When we got home I threw Conner's tennis shoes in the washer. For some reason they smelled like gasoline. I decided to wait and give Conner his bath this morning because we were both tired and ready for bed. That was my first mistake.... I was all geared up about my blog so after I laid Conner down I got in bed with my laptop... Mistake # 2! I finally crashed about 12:00 and that brings us back to this morning and the craziness!

I got up at 7:00 a.m. !!!! I about flipped.. it was already 7 and I still had to give Conner a bath! GREAT! I jumped in the shower, got Conner up and stuck him in the tub. Not a great way to start the day of a 2 year old... :( We did pretty good and we were actually going to make it on time until I remembered..... Conner's shoes!!!!!!! The shoes were still in the washer.. YAY ME! Now, the child has more than one pair of tennis shoes. I just have a hard time finding matching shoes. :) I do good to make it to work each morning fully dressed lOl! Don't worry, I found a matching pair in my car... Conner didn't go to school barefoot :)

Conner and Poppy riding Renegade

No comments:

Post a Comment